In 1518, Lucas Cranach acquired the building and the Cranachhof property and had it re-constructed in 1540 according to his ideas. The front-facing building remained a dwelling house. The left wing accommodated the master’s printing shop, and the cross building was home to the famous painter’s shop of Lucas Cranach the Elder.
Our job:Laying of new larch floor boarding.
Solution:Based on the historic source, the new floor boarding was laid at a width of 25 cm, in room length. In addition to that, field flooring with oak frame and larch filling were provided in several rooms. Then, all floors were sanded and oiled.
Size of job approx. 700 sq. m