The oldest part of the castle dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the building was erected between 1539 and 1547 in the Renaissance style. From the 12th century up until 1945, this castle has been used as the seat of the Count von Stolberg Family, and later the family of the Prince zu Stolberg-Stolberg. It is currently being renovated both inside and outside by the German Foundation for Monument Protection.
Our job:Restoration of the historic parquet, damaged because of the long vacancy of the building and moisture, and partial new construction of the floor based on the historic source.
Solution:Partial removal and renovation of the parquet at our premises, supplementing and gluing down the existing cover lamination, as well as sanding and oiling of the historic parquet flooring by hand.
Size of job: approx. 600 sq. m